CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kansas City Royals Game

Well, we finally went to our very first professional baseball game. It's true that neither Ronnie nor I had ever been to one before. It was fun, but nothing like going to a Chief's game. It was 112 degrees on the field! We did get to see Ken Griffey Jr. play, so that was exciting. He didn't hit any homeruns, but that's okay. Besides, we were suppose to be rooting for the Royal's weren't we? LOL It was a fun experience, and I'm so glad we got to experience America's favorite pasttime. Although, for Ronnie, that would be golf...not baseball. :)

After walking through three parking lots in 100 degree weather, we realized we could've parked a lot closer! Unfortunately, the people directing the traffic must not have communicated very well! LOL


I loved it when they sang the national anthem and spread this beautiful flag out.




















Ronnie took this pic of me when I wasn't expecting it at all. I don't think it turned out too bad, except I was sweating so much, my mascara was running and sticking to my eyelid. And below that one is Ken Griffey Jr. in the outfield and at bat.LOL





5 comments:

charlotte said...

I've been to a lot of baseball games but never a pro one . What FUN!!!! Jesse and I were just talking about that the other day.

i love your pic of the flag! And your too!- great shots

Melissa S said...

You all american girl!!! I have been to a few baseball games...I just remember people watching and snacking on the ballpark treats! I am not a baseball kind of girl...now football?? That is my cup of tea:) Love the flag photo as well..and Ronnie took a nice pic of you;)

Tanya said...

HEY! I just found your blog through links on Amy's blog! BTW - You look GREAT GIRL!

I've been to MANY KC Royals games - loved them all - such a fun stadium! But your right, nothing beats a KC Chiefs game, either! Been to many of those too! I miss living in KC!

Stacey said...

Ohhh that weather does not sound fun!!! But so glad you got to go!!! love the pictures!!!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Yayyyy welcome to blogland Julie, great photos girl, take care XXX