CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Highway Gardens

I decided to take the kid's over to the Highway Gardens so they could run around and get some of that energy out. After being sick for almost a week with the flu, they each needed some fresh air. There's not a whole lot to look at, but it sure is pretty. This is in the State Fair grounds, and only a couple blocks from our house. It's usually closed (not sure why) but today is was finally open.

Here's some pics...


















































The kids were so excited to see the fish and this cute little frog sitting there. Avery tried to catch it, but it jumped in the water. She would've screamed her head off if it would've even jumped close to her, so I don't know what she was thinking about trying to catch it! LOL

5 comments:

charlotte said...

Those gardens are so pretty. I love visiting places like that. Your pics are super cute and it looks like the kids had a great time exploring the gardens.

The Dolphin Inn said...

Great photos Julie - it looks like an idyllic place to while away the hours, thanks for stopping by my place, hope you have had a lovely weekend ((((HUGS))))

Melissa S said...

Hi Julie! Oooo I love love frogs!! I would be trying to pick it up and all too.....Your kids look soo much bigger that I remember....Looks like a nice day to spend in the gardens...:)

Stacey said...

Ohhh love the pictures girl!!! Your kids are so darling! Glad they got over their sickness! Man it sucks being sick durning the summer!!! Ok and I have to laugh at your virtual pet...hee hee I have a kitty named Pedro. You rock!!

Tanya said...

Oooooooh! Look at those cute kiddos!! You're looking great, too! Miss ya!